(Deuteronomy 30:19)


(Deuteronomy 30:19)

...I have set before you life and death...Choose life so that you and your descendants may live.


Monday, July 29, 2019

Memorial of St. Martha

Memorial of St. Martha

Trivia: 28 years ago today, my beloved husband began working at Boeing Company, Seattle, WA, just a couple of months after he graduated from MSoE, exactly 4 years after he graduated from high school in a village, where current population is about 700...

In Korean expression, we would refer to such situation as:  "A dragon has risen from a ditch" - if I translated the saying correctly...   Meanwhile, I was planning a three-month backpacking trip with Youth Eurail Pass, an Irish Work Permit, etc... My trip was from 18 September to 18 December: one of the best things I have pursued & executed.


Regarding work ( #LABORA )...





I was thinking of Ms. Lila Rose of Live Action on Saturday, during the Queen of the Americas Guild 14th Annual Conference/Retreat at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe, La Crosse, with the likes of His Eminence Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke, Dr. Robert Royal, Dr. Austin & Dr. Cathy Ruse...



I found out during our service of leadership, as a Core Team member, coordinating/directing Everett 40 Days for Life, beginning Fall 2007, thanks to homeschooling families, esp. McIntyres & Felderhoff (sp?), and local parishes, i.e. Immaculate Conception (IC)/OLPH (Our Lady of Perpetual Help) - what a serious offense to Our Lady's Parishes, for PP's Satanic presence, just blocks away from IC, which was a parish of one of the pro-abortion pro-LGBT governors, Mrs. Gregoire, for many years (her last legacy days before she left the office was to legalize euthanasia, the 2nd state to legalize "physician-assisted suicide"!), after the state of Oregon.

Anyway, during Fall 2010 Campaign, if my memory serves me well, Ms. Lila Rose was invited to be our keynote speaker for our Fall 2010 Campaign Kick-off event at my then parish, St. Mary Magdalen Parish, with Father Hans Olson's blessings.

However, at the last minute, she had to cancel her appearance due to "mono" (?).

I think we might have invited Sister James Miriam Heidland (sp?), a SOLT sister from St. Alphonsus Parish, where an FSSP Father Gerard Saguto was just about starting the Traditional Latin Mass community....

That's when I found out that Ms. Lila Rose's birthday was 27 July, just 5 days after my own...

I love us Julians (sp?) - a.k.a. July babies! :)

No comments: