(Deuteronomy 30:19)


(Deuteronomy 30:19)

...I have set before you life and death...Choose life so that you and your descendants may live.


Monday, February 10, 2020

Sancta Scholastica, ora pro nobis!

A nice background information on St. Scholastica:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scholastica


How I chose the name St. Scholastica to be my Baptismal name... I think it must have been between June and 22 December 1996, when I was Baptised in the hands of Fr. John the Baptist 강 원유 신부님.  It was probably at +고 김 순자 루시아 님댁:  she had a large collection of many books, i.e. Church Fathers, etc. I learned about St. Scholastica's story from one of her books; I forgot which one.  She probably also recommended the name to me.

I just got a phone call from my previous Pastor & Confessor Father J. Patric "Pat" F. Hardy, retired since he had mini strokes on 19 March 2017...  2017, the Centenary of the Apparition of Our Lady of Fatima...what a year! (From 5 May 2017, I was immersed into the Traditional Latin Mass at Cor Jesu Oratory in the Town of Edson; now Novus Ordo does not satisfy me... Until my confession at St. John the Baptist Parish in Front Royal, not far from Christendom College, I could not bear Novus Ordo: I try my best to offer up all my discomfort and trial of Novus Ordo with my Lord & Savior Jesus on Calvary represented during Mass...):  Fr. Pat called me to commend me for my good choice of the name Scholastica as my Baptismal name and to bless me on this memorial of my patron Saint Scholastica.

I needed his encouraging words because I woke up this morning with increasing anger over what happened yesterday.

I told how many people to purchase raffle tickets to the 8th Annual "Wild Game Feed" event; and raved at how fun the event is.  Food, food, wine, people, raffle prizes, Chinese raffle prizes, 50/50, etc... I didn't get to visit with a lot of people.  Just hello & a smile.  Then a woman kept talking to my husband: I did not approve.  It made me reflect on my own demeanor towards another man... hmmm...  I don't think it was so much jealousy, though there were some shadow of it...

남녀칠세부동석.
A man & a woman from age 7 are not to sit next to each other.
There is a wisdom in keeping a safe distance between a man and a woman.

See also:  https://shop.medjugorje.com/how-to-change-your-husband-p/bf103.htm


Or one might want to read a downloadable version? https://www.medjugorje.com/download/books/140-How+to+Change+Your+Husband.html

I read it about 10 years ago & it helped me tremendously.  Time for me to refresh my memory...

"It is better to dwell in a wilderness, than with a quarrelsome and vexatious [passionate, according to Douay-Rheims version] wife [woman, in D-Rvs.]." (p.142, "Modern Society's Ideas of Wifehood and Motherhood...)

And then my own lack of charity towards my brother-in-law who had offended me... I simply had nothing to say to him; and I avoided eye contacts with him.  He eventually left without even saying good-bye, visibly offended by my unforgiving demeanor...  hmmm.... what a vicious cycle we both put ourselves in...

I came home; and felt very tired, unwilling to do anything.  Meanwhile, my husband removed some snow from home; and went to the Shop.  He probably came home after 8 or 9 PM.  I remember him mentioning something about how bored he would be at home.

All these made me very angry.  So I "rampaged" my anger, carelessly making as much noise as I possibly could without breaking anything...  So perhaps it is a blessing in disguise that Brad decided that it is best I don't go to the Shop today, if I were in "rampaging mood" when I asked him if he'd rather that I don't go to the Shop with him today...

Time to offer up all my complaints and self-pity moods; and instead to count my blessings.

Why do you love me so, dear Lord?

Deo gratias et gloria in excelsis Deo!

Christus Vincit.
Christus Regnat.
Christus Imperat.

Viva Cristo Rey!

https://story.kakao.com/marilla/iNWbm8nFqqA

No comments: