(Deuteronomy 30:19)


(Deuteronomy 30:19)

...I have set before you life and death...Choose life so that you and your descendants may live.


Thursday, April 2, 2020

Rosary Novena of Reparation & Supplication

Good afternoon, everyone!

I'm writing to invite your participation in a Rosary novena, starting tomorrow, Friday of Sorrows, and ending on Holy Saturday.  The novena consists of a full Rosary (15 decades), closed by invocations to Pope Saint Gregory the Great, Pope Saint Pius V, and Our Lady of Sorrows.  The Stabat Mater is to be sung or recited on each Friday of the novena.  Below is an outline of the intentions.

We pray in REPARATION for:
1.      all personal sins,
2.      abortion,
3.      idolatry during the Amazon Synod, and 
4.      the abuse scandals in the Church.

And we pray in SUPPLICATION for:
5.      the return of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass for the laity,
6.      personal holiness, and
7.      evangelistic fervor.
Seven intentions in honor of the Seven Sorrows of Our Lady


The breadth of these intentions was informed by the belief that a daily 15-decade Rosary is both a powerful weapon and a capacious covering.  Some may wonder why the pandemic didn't make the list.  I answer that it is woven into every line.  The first set of intentions addresses how - to the best of our knowledge - we arrived at this time of chastisement.  Protection will follow reparation.  The second set addresses what we need most in order to capitalize on the immense opportunities God is giving us during this season.  

May God protect you and all those dear to you.

pax Christi -
Madison 
p.s.  I labored over how to structure the prayer and enunciate the intentions so that everyone could sign on wholeheartedly, because the essential thing is to pray as one.  If some part doesn't fit your convictions, please don't feel any distress about opting out.  (I would regard the hymn and invocations as optional.)  For the record, my mother says it's "wonderful," and we all know that she's perfectly objective about my efforts. 


-------------------
Disclaimer: The following is from a good friend Mr. & Mrs. Ryback of Corpus Christi, TX.


Every time I am asked to pray, I think of the old fellow who always prayed, 'Lord, prop us up on our leanin' side.' After hearing him pray that prayer many times, someone asked him why he prayed that prayer so fervently. 

He answered, 'Well sir, you see, it's like this.... I got an old barn out back. It's been there a long time; it's withstood a lot of weather; it's gone through a lot of storms, and it's stood for many years.

It's still standing. But one day I noticed it was leaning to
 one side a bit. 
So I went and got some pine poles and propped it up on its leaning side so it wouldn't fall. 

Then I got to thinking about that and how much I was like that old barn.. I've been around a long  time.. 

I've withstood a lot of life's storms. I've withstood a lot of bad weather in life, I've withstood a lot of hard times, and I'm still standing too. But I find myself leaning to one side from time to time, so I like to ask the Lord to prop us up on our leaning side, 'cause I figure a lot of us get to leaning at times. 

Sometimes we get to leaning toward anger, leaning toward bitterness leaning toward hatred, leaning toward cussing, leaning toward a lot of things that we shouldn’t. And now, we have this Coronavirus “leaning" on us.  So we need to pray, 'Lord, prop us up on our leaning side, so we will stand straight and tall again, to glorify the Lord.'' 
 


If you stare at this barn for a second you will see who will help us stand straight and tall again..Do You See HIM? 

God Bless each and every one of us! 
We pray for us all to be mindful of His existence.

No comments: